Persistent Jock itch (Tinea curis)
In the past I used to suffer from inflamattion and itchiness after a long travel/drive in hot and humid conditions After keeping the groin/thighs area dry for few days and with the help of Candid (Clotrimazole powder) it used to go away. But after few years the problem has becom persistent and the skin has become dark with some scaling. The itchiness/burning sensation comes back if I don't take bath or use candid powder every 12 hours. I am taking every caution to keep the area clean by using loose clothing, keeping it dry etc. How to completely eradicate this nagging problem?

Tinea Cruris. Local hygiene, it should be totally dry before wearing your clothes especially after taking bath, don't use undergarments in the night. As frequent travel, tight clothing for longer periods, application of combination of steriod cream,hot & humid envoinaments, obesity,diabetes  or any immunosuppressive therapies all aggravates the problem. Take an course of antifungal like tab.zimig(terbinafine) 250 mg once daily after food for 4 weeks, lulican (luliconazole)cream twice daily for 6 weeks continuously. Kz soap for cleaning. After 6 weeks use Abzorb dusting powder regularly twice daily before wearing clothes in the morning & after removing undergarments in the night. As a maintaince to prevent. Wash inner clothes regularly.
meet nearby dermatologist for further treatment &evaluation of your problem.