cardiologist-icon
Persistent calf pain
I have severe calf pain during walking and climbing stairs with warmth for some time and no distinct redness..the pain subsides with rest...can it be dvt? How do i know if its serious or not? Its been there for quite a few mnths...

Dr. Harisha N L

There are many causes for leg pain including Achilles tendinitis, varicose veins, deep vain thrombosis They're more likely to happen if you're inactive for long periods, like on a long flight or car ride. You're also at risk if you're overweight, or you smoke, or take certain medications....This can happen when the arteries in your legs become damaged and hardened....some other causes are herniated discs,sciatica, stenosis of spinal canal etc...I would suggest you to consult nearest physician for clinical examination if needed they will only refer you to concerned specialists.

Dvt symptoms calf pain