Periods delay!

Hi, I am facing irregular periods ever since it started. Sometimes it happens twice a month and sometimes 4-5 months delay as well. It was never regular. What should I do? I used to consult a homeopathic dr. He always used to say nothing to worry, things will be fine later on. Okay, I did a few blood tests for office purpose some time back and then I figured out that I have lil high triglyceride level which was 350. I certainly gained some weight in the last couple of years. I've a very unhealthy lifestyle because of my office hours. Is it possible because of my unhealthy lifestyle this is happening? Thank you for you time.

Doctor Answers (2) on Periods delay!

Dr. Maulik Shah Ahmedabad | General Physician
Consult Gynec & do blood reports n Usg. Reduce at least 5 % weight that wl regular ur hormones n period.
If your periods are usually delayed by few months, you need to see a gynaecologist, for some blood tests and an ultrasonography. Maintaining a normal weight does help to regularise periods. Periods can also be regularised using birth control pills, but firstly you should see a doctor and get the tests done, in order to find the reason for irregular periods. A healthy lifestyle, having regular healthy meals, and exercise should help you to maintain a normal weight, and that may help with your period problems as well.