Period after ipill

I got my period on the 12th of April. I had unprotected sex on the 5th day of my period which was the 16th. We weren't sure and to be safe I had a pill on the 18th of April which was within 72 hours. On the 3rd of May I started bleeding , which was not as heavy as my regular period but lasted 4-5 days. I had regular period symptoms like cramps and back pain. I wasn't sure if that was withdrawal bleeding or my period that came in early. It's the 20th , but I haven't got my period as yet, assuming that was withdrawal bleeding. Are there chances of being pregnant

Doctor Answers (1) on Period after ipill

Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there...there's very little chance that you will be pregnant. You can take a home urine pregnancy tests and confirm. Sometimes bleeding can occur after taking ipill, as it contains high doses of hormones and causes shedding of the uterine wall. But sometimes even diseases like pcod, fibromas, stress can cause abnormal bleeding. So it is better to consult a gynecologist personally for further evaluation.