Penny swallowed
My son has swallowed a penny 3 days back. The X-ray confirmed that it has left the stomach and in intestinal tract. It has already been more than 72 hours and it has not come out. My son is behaving normal. He has shown no symptoms of pain or discomfort.Am monitoring his stool every time.How long should I wait. I am very stressed. What should I do next. Please help.

Dr. Poonam M Sambhaji
Pediatrician 11 yrs exp North Goa

I fully agree with the answer
Dr. Rupesh R. Mendadkar
Pediatrician 8 yrs exp Mumbai

You will have to get another xray abdomen done. If coin has crossed small bowel it will come out easily. Just make sure that child takes fibre rich diet, give him plenty of bananas.