pediatrician-icon
Penny swallowed
My son has swallowed a penny 3 days back. The X-ray confirmed that it has left the stomach and in intestinal tract. It has already been more than 72 hours and it has not come out. My son is behaving normal. He has shown no symptoms of pain or discomfort.Am monitoring his stool every time.How long should I wait. I am very stressed. What should I do next. Please help.
112 Views v

Answers (2)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Poonam M Sambhaji
Pediatrician 11 yrs exp North Goa

Free 3 day follow up

Chat Now

₹300 for 24 hrs

I fully agree with the answer
Answered
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
YES NO
doctor profile image
Dr. Rupesh R. Mendadkar
Pediatrician 8 yrs exp Mumbai

Free 3 day follow up

Chat Now

₹100 for 24 hrs

You will have to get another xray abdomen done. If coin has crossed small bowel it will come out easily. Just make sure that child takes fibre rich diet, give him plenty of bananas.
Answered
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
YES NO
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.