PCOS or PCOD

I was diagnosed with pcos in september 2015. Having told there is no cure as such, i was on birth control. After 3 months i left the medications. I am just curious to know what should be the next step and what can be the consequences in longrun. "Infertility" this word scares me to death. Kindly brief me.

Doctor Answers (1) on PCOS or PCOD

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi. If you're trying to become pregnant, you may need a medication to help you ovulate. Clomiphene (Clomid, Serophene) is an oral anti-estrogen medication that you take in the first part of your menstrual cycle. If clomiphene alone isn't effective, your doctor may add metformin to help induce ovulation. If you don't become pregnant using clomiphene and metformin, your doctor may recommend using gonadotropins — follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) and luteinizing hormone (LH) medications that are administered by injection. Consult Gynecologist....