PCOD: Treatment

I have been suffering from PCOD for 6 years now. I have taken the hormonal medicine thrice to get regularised menstrual cycle. Everytime I take the medicine, it becoms normal for couple of months then again its irregular. Sometime back I had gone to a doc and she suggested that I should not do anything about it and that it will become okay with due course of time. Now, it has been 4 months that I haven't had my periods. Is that okay? Please suggest what should be done as this is very unnerving.

Doctor Answers (1) on PCOD: Treatment

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
do need worry about it.. pcod is very common in this age group..it usually occurs in obese patients..consult a obg doc and start taking medications for it..reduce your weight if you are obese and be patient as it takes some time to regularise your cycles...consult nearest obg specialist they will do the needful.