Pcod medication
I have been prescribed diane-35 and metformin for my pcod. What are the side effects of these medicines ?

Dr. Prabha Eliya Singan
Gynecologist 28 yrs exp Bangalore
hi you have been prescribed medicines with your problem being irregularcycles with metabolic syndrome i suppose.diane doubles up as contraception as well. its anti androgen content helps to counteracts acne and hirsutism.possibly this is also the best time to build bone by taking extra calcium and muscle training or the weght bearing exercise to counteract anti androgen effect of diane.the metformin helps in igg1productipn helps in counteracting metabolic synrome of insulin resistance and dyslipdeamia.as a side effect can  produce low sugar at times muscle ache which can be countetacted by diet. good effects are more than correctable side effects.