Partial testicular torsio
A friend's left testicle is slightly swollen with pain in lower abdomen. It has been 3 days. He went to 2 different urologists and also got an ultrasound done. In the ultrasound partial testicular torsion came. While one doctor suggested a surgery if the pain didn't subside the next day. The other doctor has put my friend on ceftum 500 mg, signify am and alfusin for 5 days. It has been 3 days but the pain is still there. Please suggest what to do?

Hello there. I can understand your concern. I hope he is not in too much pain. Ask him to take the medicines for two more days so that the five day course is completed. If it still doesnt subside, then consult that urologists again for further management. Avoid lifting any weights. Have a high fiber food so that you dont have strain for stools. Do not delay your visit to the general surgeon/urologist. Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain.