Parkinson disease

Hi..recently i took my dad to one of leading hospital for his tremours in his hand..after examination they diagnoised that he was in early stage of doubt is about either all tre No. 1, Bagirathi Street, Srinivasa Avenue, Chen mour r related to parkinson or possiblity of other disease as well..also want to know exact protocol to diagnose the parkinson dis order..parkinson is life threatening disease???

Doctor Answers (1) on Parkinson disease

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. 

I can understand your concern. 
For most part i have understood your question also but i didnt quite understand the bagirathi street part.
Not all tremors are related to parkinsons. A main differentiating feature is difficulty in initiating movements.
If you say you have taken him to a leading hospital then they would have thought something, taken a complete history, did some clinical examination to label it as parkinsons.
So i dont doubt the diagnosis. But if yiu still want a second opinion, take him to a different  neurologist and get him checked out there.
Best regards. 
Dr. Anil kumar jain.