Papules,pimples &dandruff

Papules on forehead and near ears since 2 -3 months. Pimples on forehead, back and below neck since 3 months. I have dandruff for 3 long years tried homeremedies which didn't help.Cause unknown. I really want to get rid of it please help.

Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal
Trichologist 6 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi. Greetings. You have Seborrhoea capitis and pityrosporum folliculitis. Seborrhoea capitis or dandruff is a chronic problem. Please note. Avoid using oils on scalp. This acts as food for fungus causing dandruff. You can apply it only at the hair part and not the scalp for short durations if you wish to. Secondly wash hair with antifungal / low strength corticosteroid based shampoos. Use maintenance shampoos regularly. You may need a course of oral antifungals. See a dermatologist near you. Hope this helps. Warm regards Dr Govind S Mittal. Excel care hospital, Bangalore.