Painless lump groin

Very small Lump in sides of groin, it's under skin can only be felt in certain positions. It's painless and is not visible from naked eye. It's there for past one month I got it diagnosed from general surgeon he said it's a mild infection it will go away, But it's still there and it's size has been constant. Before one month I also had tonsillitis, is it possible that it is swelled lymph node. Tonsillitis was cured in one week. Do I need to visit Doctor again or I can ignore it? Which type of doctor should I visit? Can it be cancerous? I was also doing gyming and working out my legs for past 5 months, I have stopped gyming after I found out about lymp, it does not hurt but still I stopped can it be due to gym?

Doctor Answers (1) on Painless lump groin

Dr. Saurabh Gupta Mathura | General Physician
No I don't think that it's due to tonsillitis. And if your surgeon has examined you then it's sure local infection. But nodules formed in these take time to regress. So wait and watch for 3 weeks. If not resolving then you can consult again.