Painless acne

Hi doctor. I sometimes get acne that are quite big in size. The problem is that it is painless. It is not that of red or pink. It is just big in size. It get dark day by day and finally turns brown. Why do i get that kind of acne. I rarely get those. I wouldn't bother if it just goes off without leaving a mark on my face. But it gives a brownish mark. Pls give some suggestions

Doctor Answers (1) on Painless acne

Hi. Greetings. You may need oral retinoids for acne control.Pimples may often leave spots especially if not treated or if we burst pimples or pick them. You'll need skin lightening creams for a specified duration to reduce the marks , and this could also be dealt with chemical peeling. Also you must use a sunscreen to prevent darkening of the spots. For scars, creams may not work n you may need procedures like microneedling, microneedling rf, fractional lasers, prp or subscision or a combination of these. Send in your pictures if you need further assistance. Ideally you can see a dermatologist near you and discuss the same with him. Hope this helps. Warm regards.