Pain,swelling in foot

I am experiencing pain and slight swelling in the middle area of my foot. The veins become but prominent and it pains while walking, feels like veins are stretching. The same has been continuing for 3-4 months. Consulted a physician , he asked to get Doppler DVT done for both legs . I feel pain on various parts of body plus weakness. My hands and legs become numb at times. What it could be and what should I do? Who could be the specialist to consult? This happens like sometimes I feel pain and numbness on right side of my body and sometimes left side of the body .

Doctor Answers (1) on Pain,swelling in foot

Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there...I can under your concern. Sometimes even in normal individuals, the veins in the lower limbs will be prominent. But since there is associated pain and numbness, it could be due to some venous or arterial or neurological pathology. This is the reason the doctor has asked you get a doppler done. To rule out any dvt (it is an acute and serious comolicstion). Kindly consult a general surgeon and neurologist for further evaluation.