Pain in urinary bladder

Hello respected doctors i am having pain in my bladder region and I hold my urine for maybe minutes sometime hours and the pain happens in bladder extends till surrounding region is it something to worry ? P.s i had a stone 7mm 5months back was detected doctor told can we removed through fluid intake
Thank you

Doctor Answers (1) on Pain in urinary bladder

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi, looks like you habe developed urinary tract infection.
Urinary tract infections can be painful, but you can take steps to ease your discomfort until antibiotics treat the infection. Follow these tips:

Drink plenty of water. Water helps to dilute your urine and flush out bacteria.
Avoid drinks that may irritate your bladder.Avoid coffee, alcohol, and soft drinks containing citrus juices or caffeine until your infection has cleared. They can irritate your bladder and tend to aggravate your frequent or urgent need to urinate.
Use a heating pad. Apply a warm, but not hot, heating pad to your abdomen to minimize bladder pressure or discomfort.
Consult surgeon for antibiotics...