Pain in toe

Ohh!.. doctor, I have a high pain in toe at right corner of toe. It right coner have stiffness, swelling and redness. I feel pain when i pressed this area and i can't wear shoes because i feel pain while walking in shoes. This problem i face every year in summer and monsoon season. Plz help me to get rid from this infection and tell me any home remedy to get rid from it now time.

Doctor Answers (1) on Pain in toe

Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there....looks like you are suffering from paronychia. In such cases you will have pain, swelling and sometimes even discharge. You will have to be started on antibiotics and anti inflammatory tablets. Paronychia could be caused by trauma, wearing tight shoes, bacterial infections. Maintain good hygiene. Dip you feet in warm water with little salt in it for 15 min and scrub cleanly. You can do this once or twice daily. Consult with a dermatologist for further evaluation and treatment.