Pain in rectum

I am having pain in rectum and I think it's mainly because sometime I get tight stool, sometimes the pain is severe and unbearable. I need to understand why this is happening and what tests should I undergo

Doctor Answers (1) on Pain in rectum

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi, you might have developed anal fissure.. anal fissure is a small tear in the thin, moist tissue (mucosa) that lines the anus. An anal fissure may occur when you pass hard or large stools during a bowel movement. Anal fissures typically cause pain and bleeding with bowel movements.  An anal fissure usually heals on its own within four to six weeks. If it doesn't, medical treatment or surgery usually can relieve discomfort. Add fiber to your diet. Eating about 25 to 30 grams of fiber a day can help keep stools soft and improve fissure healing. Fiber-rich foods include fruits, vegetables, nuts and whole grains. You also can take a fiber supplement. Adding fiber may cause gas and bloating, so increase your intake gradually. Drink adequate fluids. Fluids help prevent constipation...