Pain in legs, knees

4 months after having a Caesarean operation, I had previously suffered from some severe pain in my lower legs, ankles, knees, elbows, wrists and some fingers with lack of sensation of touch and pressure in my limbs for some while many times a day. As I felt fatigue, I used to be hardly able to move my limbs while I experienced all those unpleasant moments. Later I was later diagnosed with low level calcium in my body and after the doctor’s medication, the problems were nearly over for around six months. Yet again I have been going through some mild pain and loss of sensation in my lower legs while at rest or in bed for the last couple of weeks and can able to walk or stand normally only after I get some massaging on my legs. A more serious trouble is feeling of pain in my knees and ankles while I try to stand up from a lower position of sitting or squatting. I have also heard a loud noise in my knees and backbone while doing so on several occasions. Please guide me for treatment.
views-icons 129 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Pain in legs, knees

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. It could be calcium, vitamin D3, and other multivitamin deficiency you are suffering from. A proper diet will be of great help in your case. Drink one glass of milk everyday before bed as milk and milk products are rich in calcium. Expose yourself to sun for atleast 20-25 minutes a day as that will provide you with vitamin D3. Add lots of greens, vegetables, and fruits in your diet. Additionally, take a capsule. Absolut 3g once a day after food, tab. D3 must 60k to be chewed every alternate day for a month. Tab. Shelcal HD OR SUPRACAL PRO one tablet daily after food. Kindly keep in mind that you need to have a high protein diet, so if you can take one egg daily, it will be great. Hope you get well soon. Best regards, Dr. Anil Kumar Jain