Pain in hand

My wife is having pain in both her hands every now and then. Mostly, she starts having it whenever she does more than normal household work. It lasts for around 2 days. There is no swelling or rashes or anything visibly alarming and the entire hand pains. Could you please let me know what could the reason be? Which doctor to consult for this?

Doctor Answers (1) on Pain in hand

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. I can understand your concern. overuse of muscle groups can lead to fatigue and pain it's a normal phenomenon. May be she is not used to that amount of work and when she does something she is not used to, she may get pain. Ask her to take a pain killer like aceclofenac 100mg when she is in pain and ask her to continue one multivitamin and multimineral supplement daily for a month. One glass of milk everyday before bed and exposing atleast both hands and half legs to sun for 20 minutes in the sun to get vitamin D3. Get her calcium and vitamin d3 levels checked and consult a orthopedician for further help. Best regards. Dr. Anil Kumar Jain