Pain back Right Rib Cage.

Hi,I work as a Software engineer.I have been feeling pain in my back under rip cage. Pain is starting if I sit for longer time like 1 to 2 hours continuously. After lunch, it is becoming unbearable. If I walk for 20 to 30 mins then I am able to sit for 20 mins then again pain is starting. I am unable to concentrate on my work. I thought it is a big issue and I went for the full body health checkup. After checkup, I have consulted Cardiologist and General physician. Both told me that there is no problem. General physician suggested few medicine for the gases. After completing the medicine, I am still feeling pain. So, I consulted Orthopaedic, after taking x-ray, he suggested few medicines. I have been taking these medicines from last 10 days but still pain is not going away. I can't understand, what is happening. I had a Gynecomastia surgery 1.5 year ago. Now, again I can see the gynecomastia is re-occurring again. I don't know what to do next. Please help me.

Doctor Answers (1) on Pain back Right Rib Cage.

Poornachandra Tejaswi S Bangalore | General Physician
Hello... Sir I understand what you are going through, I think you should know that a person can experience pain in right rib cage due to numerous reasons like stone formation in gall bladder, spasm of the rib cage muscles.since you have undergone surgery for gynecomastia and at present you are facing similar situation as in past, it might be due to that. Chronic alcohol intake, smoking coupled with untimely eating habits can lead to gastic ulcers and pancreatitis which can also present like this. Recent trauma could also be a reason. If its a gastritis avoid untimely eating habits and eating spicy or oily foods. Also drinking coffee amd tea frequently while working also aggravates this condition so avoid it. And you should know that alcohol and smoking also known to cause gastritis. So the main thing I suggest is to stop all this. The most important thing is to follow a healthy diet which should include green leafy vegetables, fruits and berries which are rich in fibre.take fresh fruits instead of taking it in juice form, since the waste formed while making juice consist of fibres which will be beneficial for the gut, so prefer fresh raw fruits. Take lassi,yoghurt,buttermilk, ragi gunji instead of coffee and tea. Avoid smoked meat products. Avoid outside food, prefer only home cooked meal.drink plenty of water. And never skip a meal. Do daily morning brisk walking, yoga and meditation. Kindly consult a gastroenterologist to ruleout any GIT related cause for your problem... Good luck...