Pain and piercing

My mother is 62 year old recently she have gone through cataract operation of her left eye and after operation doctor says that her eye is in good condition and operation is completely successful but my mother usually complains pain and piercing in her operated eye.We have consulted two doctor and both are saying that eye is fine and may be due to dryness can be the cause of this so can u suggest what is actual cause and treatment for this.She is feeling so discomfort in her eye.

Doctor Answers (2) on Pain and piercing

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal Sangrur | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
Hello T his is due to meibomitis 1. Hot fomentation 2. Lid massage....with index finger...firmly 3. Local antibiotic ointment locally over lid margins
Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there...., I can understand your concern.... It's normal to feel itching and mild discomfort for a couple of days after surgery. Avoid rubbing or pushing on your eye....atkso ask her to wear an eye patch or protective shield the day of surgery.... After a couple of days, most of the discomfort should disappear. Often, complete healing occurs within eight weeks....Follow instructions given by your Ophthalmologist....