Ovulation problems

I have irregular periods consulted docor she priscribed me siphene tablet 50mg same way I have took 5 days. but bleeding not been stoped still it is 15th day. However she told me come for scanning will check whether egg is growing or not. egg is now 1.6 size. What is the problem am still bleeding like drops now.

Doctor Answers (1) on Ovulation problems

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi, In a normal menstrual cycle, a balance between the hormones estrogen and progesterone regulates the buildup of the lining of the uterus (endometrium), which is shed during menstruation. If a hormone imbalance occurs, the endometrium develops in excess and eventually sheds by way of heavy menstrual bleeding. If your ovaries don't release an egg (ovulate) during a menstrual cycle (anovulation), your body doesn't produce the hormone progesterone, as it would during a normal menstrual cycle. This leads to hormone imbalance and may result in irregular bleeding...