Osteoartheritic Changes

I am 33 yrs old healthy female. I had pain and stiffness problem in my left knee, started in one morning 7 days before. X Ray says: tibial spieking and beaking is noted- suggestive of early osteoarthritis changes. The tibio femoral joint space is mildlyreduces in medial compartment both side. Plz suggest

Doctor Answers (2) on Osteoartheritic Changes

Dr. Sandip Gupta Delhi | Orthopedic Surgeon
For early OA of knee mainstay of treatment is exercise( Quadriceps), reduction of weight if u r overweight, and supplements for OA knee like bioactive collagen etc. Consult Ortho surgeon.
Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Lifestyle changes and home treatments can help reduce osteoarthritis symptoms. You might want to try some of the following tips:

Exercise. Exercise can increase your endurance and strengthen the muscles around your joint, making your joint more stable. Try walking, biking or swimming. If you feel new joint pain, stop. New pain that lasts for hours after you exercise probably means you've overdone it but doesn't mean you should stop exercising altogether.

Lose weight. Being overweight or obese increases the stress on your weight-bearing joints, such as your knees and your hips. Even a small amount of weight loss can relieve some pressure and reduce your pain. Talk to your doctor about healthy ways to lose weight. Most people combine changes in their diet with increased exercise.

Use heat and cold to manage pain. Both heat and cold can relieve pain in your joint. Heat also relieves stiffness, and cold can relieve muscle spasms and pain.