Optic nerve swelling

Dr. My name is Bharath Chandra. I visited ur hospital to get treatment for my optic atrophy of both eyes. U prescribed me methylocobalamine injections. Initially the treatment was effective BT after 3 months my left optic nerve was sweelled. I consulted another doctor due to lack of ur appointment. He prescribed steroids. Bt I have still some blurring in my left eye doctor. Will u please give any advice??

Doctor Answers (2) on Optic nerve swelling

Dear Sir Can you share all the reports here Optic atrophy can also occur due to increased pressure inside the skull If that is the case treatment has to be different
Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. I can understand your concern but for the treatment of optic atrophy is steroids. Optic atrophy is a term used to describe the damage of optic nerve in general. The cause could be the following, ischemia (loss of blood flow to the optic nerve) Trauma, nutritional deficiencies, optic neuritis (inflammation and swelling of the optic nerve.) Etc. Steroids are the treatment for optic atrophy to prevent further damage and also save as much vision as possible. The recovery in this case is very slow and cannot be promised. If treatment is started late, the vision loss would be greater. Consult a neurolophysician in person with all the reports for further help. Best regards Dr. Anil Kumar Jain