sexologist-icon

Olygohydramnios

Hi, I'm 35 week pregnant and during my last scan doctors found that my amniotic fluid is 2.2 and in a weeks time it increased to 3.2. My baby is doing normal and doctors have advised to wait till 37 weeks to check if any further improvement is there. I'm scared that it might affect my baby. Is there any solution to it.
views-icons 22 Views Mail QnA Whatsapp QnA v

Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Himani Gupta
Gynecologist 12 yrs exp Navi Mumbai

Free 3 day follow up

Chat Now

₹500 for 24 hrs

Hi, I advise you to have frank discussion with your Gynaecologist. Oligohydramnios at times can have serious consequences. Continuation of pregnancy is done with utmost care and using multiple methods of monitoring including frequent sonography. At the same time, prematurity of baby comes with its own set of problems. After weighing pros and cons of continuation vs waiting after discussing with your doctor, you can make an informed decision
Answered
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
YES NO