Odd smell from penis

Dear sir, odd smell is coming from my penis if i didnt clean for 10 hrs, small layer also forming under fore skin, when i m trying to clean it, it will remove just like dust article. I ve tested for any STD but negative. Kindly advise. This problm is from 2 yrs. I ve used dk gel also.

Doctor Answers (1) on Odd smell from penis

Layer is called as smegma. According to a review of research published in The Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venerology in 2006, researchers have determined that smegma is made up of dead skin cells, oil, prostate secretions, sex hormones and white blood cells. Doctors used to believe that smegma could cause diseases, like prostate cancer, but scientists now understand that smegma is common in adolescents and adult men. It helps to lubricate the space between the head of the penis and the foreskin, and may even have antibacterial and antifungal properties. If the penis skin is not retracting back properly then the chances of getting smegma is more. You may try safely . . chandraprabha vati 250mg twice daily before food for 45 days. Add 1 table spoon of triphala powder in a glass of water, soak it through out the night . next day clean your penis with that water. Later clean with normal water. 1 regular spoon of triphala internally, after dinner everyday for 45 days.