Not getting periods

Am not getting periods fir past 3 months.. Am from kerala.. Would u please recommend me a medicine to get my periods.. Am suffering from weight gain.. Noticeable increase in the belly fat.. My hb count is low 9.2

Doctor Answers (2) on Not getting periods

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
scanty periods has many possible causes...it may occur in women who have anemia i.e low haemoglobin levels,diabetes or thyroid problems. It is also common in women with high levels of a protein called prolactin in their blood...it can be the side effects of certain drugs like oral contraceptives,antipsychotics,antiepileptics...it may be due to poly cystic ovarian disease as well... So I would suggest you to consult nearest gynecologists for detailed clinical examination and evaluation they will do the needful.
Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi.... In a normal menstrual cycle, a balance between the hormones estrogen and progesterone regulates the buildup of the lining of the uterus (endometrium), which is shed during menstruation. If a hormone imbalance occurs, mentrual irregularities occurs.. Periods can be delayed for a single cycle or it can be delayed in every cycle. If the delay is in only a single cycle, the most likely cause is a temporary cause like stress. .. Consult Gynecologist....