Not able to pass gas....

My father has had a problem past 20 years. He had to concentrate to pass stool. But 3 years ago he had taken TB medications. Therefore, his routine of going to toilet got affected. And he had to pass stool dititally. But from past 1 year he is not able to pass gas... And it forms and gets obstructed which gives him a lot of pain near sphinter. A doctor asked us to do manomatory test and the report suggested DYSENNEGIC DEFECATION and advised for biofeedback. Biofeedback exercises were done but it didn't help. It seems internal sphincter muscle is not opening properly. Please help.

Doctor Answers (2) on Not able to pass gas....

Thanks for expecting Health n fittness with Ayurved, sure there may be nutritional deficiencies dryness after TB management u can choose simple HOLISTIC Approach also I.e. Basti therapy for a week. Almond oil 10ml twice a day with milk till u consult AYURVEDIC Approach DR
Dr. Sachin Wani Thane | Gastroenterologist
This is called obstructed defecation syndrome... Where a person needs digital evacuation for passing stools.. Incomplete evacuation... Frequently he has to go to pass stools.. It needs MRI defaceography scan to diagnose it correctly.. And if found to hav abnormality... He needs surgery called STARR operation which will completely cure it... Once and for all.