No Satisfactory diagnosis

I've been suffering from chronic bad breath since last 7 years. In the early years, It was very less like only felt during morning but it has progessed and now I feel bad breath coming from my mouth all the time. Food covers the breath but it comes back again. I went to 2-3 dentist. They all said that there's nothing wrong with my teeth. I have gone cleaning of teeth as well. I don't understand what the problem is. I've read almost everything relating hallitosis. I have lost all hopes. I don't want what it is and what is the reason behind it. I also went to a ent Before. He said I've Dns but it ain't that serious. I've read that it could be due to post nasal drip or tonsils as well.. Is it serious? Will i ever be able to breath and talk to people like normal people? Will i ever be okay? Alot of questions. Please guide me. Booked my appointment to an Ent surgeon. Lets see how it comes up. I've lost all hopes. Lets see what happens next.

Doctor Answers (1) on No Satisfactory diagnosis

Dr. Vinay S Bhat Bangalore | ENT/ Otolaryngologist
Apart from oral cavity related issues most common cause for chronic halitosis is gastro esophageal reflux disorder.  You need to take long term treatment for this for satisfactory results. Chronic tonsillitis also can cause halitosis but can easily be diagnosed.  So consult nearby ENT specialist and ask about reflux disorder.  Be sure that you have actual complaints of bad breath repeatedly told by people around you.  Sometimes people with olfactory disorders can perceive bad smell without any cause