Newly sexually active
I'm a newly sexually active woman, but I am not married. Hence we feel intimidated approaching a gynae or urologist due to the stigma attached to it. But we really want to be safe and sure of a clean bill of health. I was wondering what precautions I should be taking and what our approach towards STI's should be. How can we know that we have no STI's and ensure no pregnancies. Maybe you could suggest a gynae and urologist we could approach in Ahmedabad who would be open for discussion with a premarital couple also?

Best method to avoid pregnancy as well as STI will be using condom every time. If any of you have had other partners, you can ask for STD panel tests at any reputed lab. It's available at Dr. Lal Path labs. Any gynaec/urologist will attend you. Everyone is open to unmarried couples as well