Newborn: 25 days

Baby hasnt passed motion for 5 days. Weight currently weighs same as birth weight. Baby on mother's milk and nan pro Which is given once in night. Please advice next steps.

Dr. Poonam M Sambhaji
Pediatrician 10 yrs exp North Goa

Hi, few queries which need to be answered, for me to address your concern. 1. What us birth weight and present weight? Are you holding baby to breast properly? Is baby taking feed for 20 min at each time? How many times is baby passing urine? is baby having any yellowish discolouration? About passing motions , do not worry, since many babies do not pass stools everyday. If baby is not vomiting frequently, not having distended abdomen its normal to pass motions even ones in 3_4 days. I think we need to address feeding issue. You may write to me on drpoonamchildspecialist @gmail.com I will forward you few documents on feeding baby. Happy parenting.