New baby planning

Hello, I am 30 Years old man. Married since 1.5 years, now last 6 months we are planning for Kid but until time not a success. Please tell which doctor is suitable for me. Please help.

Doctor Answers (2) on New baby planning

Dr. Bhalchandra M Jayakar Mumbai | Pediatric Surgeon
Please get your wife to start on Folic acid supplements before planning pregnancy.
Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
A woman gets pregnant around the days when ovulation occurs. The average time of ovulation is the 14th day of an average length (28 day) menstrual cycle. Ovulation time vary for each individual, and can occur from 12th to 19th day of the cycle . Sperm can live up to 3 to 5 days in a womans reproductive tract, so it is possible to become pregnant if unprotected sex occurs 5 days before ovulation. The life span of the typical egg is relatively short, only around 24 hours. If fertilization does not occur within that time frame, the egg will die...consult nearest gynecologists first if required they will only refer you to infertility specialist.