Nephrotic syndrome
My cousin brother aged 2.5years is suffering from nephrotic syndrome from the past few months . He is under medication but conditions keep gettng worse like he swells up and protein level in urine reaches 3+ and this relapses within a week or two .kindly suggest me what should be the treatment to get it cured? Will be grateful ! Thankyou

Dr. Harisha N L

Hi there I understand your concern....diagnosis is very important I would suggest you to consult nearest pediatrician with detailed history and for clinical and laboratory examinations...Diuretics are needed. Furosemide (1 mg/kg/d) and spironolactone (2 mg/kg/d) will help when fluid retention is severe, provided no signs of renal failure or volume contraction are evident...Albumin in a dose of 1 g/kg may be given intravenously (IV), followed by IV furosemide...steroids are main in case nephrotic syndrome... Consult pediatrician they will do the needful.

Nephrotic syndrome treatment