Nephrotic syndome

My son is suffer from nephritic syndrome His legs and eyes were swelling .pls advice me which treatment should I give him .
views-icons 35 Views Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Nephrotic syndome

doctor profile image
Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there I understand your concern....diagnosis is very important I would suggest you to consult nearest pediatrician with detailed history and for clinical and laboratory examinations...Diuretics are needed. Furosemide (1 mg/kg/d) and spironolactone (2 mg/kg/d) will help when fluid retention is severe, provided no signs of renal failure or volume contraction are evident...Albumin in a dose of 1 g/kg may be given intravenously (IV), followed by IV furosemide...steroids are main in case nephrotic syndrome... Consult pediatrician they will do the needful.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
1/1 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?