Need Suggestion

Hello sir My age is 25 and unmarried i have found some pain in my left testicle.i went for a ultrasound which showed a varicocele of grade 3.but now i dont have much pain.and i did a semen test too whose report is attached here.please suggest me is it necessary to go for a surgery??to treat varicocele??and also tell me how to keep your semen healthy??any medicine??
views-icons 24 Views Mail QnA Whatsapp QnA v

Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Harsha
General Physician Bangalore
Hi there...varicocele are basically dilated veins in the scrotum. It is similar to varicose veins we seen in legs. Varicocele can grow in size with age. But usually the rate of growth is very slow. It is know to affect male fertility. But your semen analysis looks normal as of now. Usually varicocele are asymptomatic. But it can cause pain and infertility. If you are having pain, then it best to go for surgery. However it is best you consult your surgeon first. They will be able to guide you better. There is no medical line of treatment for varicocele. Only treatment option is surgery, both open and laproscopic can be done
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
1/1 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?