Need an alternate medicin

Hi, my sister is suffering from juvenile type II diabetes. She has been prescribed to have triglycomet. The drug has been banned recently. Can i have an alternate drug for it with same composition? Any suggestions welcome. She is not having the tabs for 2 months and facing lot of side effects. Kindly help..
views-icons 52 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (2) on Need an alternate medicin

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. I can understand your concern. Yes the drug is banned in india and it isnt available in the same combination from any brand. What is her sugar level as of now? You havent mentioned that. And also, what have you been doing for 2 months? Don't you know how danger it is to stop medicines? Couldn't you consult any one before? What were you waiting for? New drugs have come in the market which can be very convenient for her. But we need to know her present sugar status. Get the diabetic profile done and revert ASAP. Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain.
Dr. A. Salam Pune | Internal Medicine
Dear Practo user, your sister is diagnosed case of diabetes. As you said she is not on any medicines last 2 months due to unavailability of drugs, I need to know current sugar levels so that it will be easier to suggest best combination of drugs available. Please do her Blood sugar fasting and post prandial and also do HBA1C for average last 3 months sugar.