Nearsightedness
I am having eye problem from last 12yrs. It started with nearsightedness and now i feel my vision has become more weak. I am thinking of getting lasik surgery and also i havent consulted doctor in last r years.Could you help me with it.

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 9 yrs exp Sangrur

hello lasik is very good option to get rid of glasses Doctor will perform few tests (Schirmer test, Pentacam and Fundus examination) and if all tests are normal then you can go for lasik surgery without fear. Success rate of LASIK is over 96%. Side effects may vary from minimal like mild dryness, DALK , haloes, glare to severe like infection (very rare). precaution include: a. avoid face/head wash for 1 week b. avoid swimming /water sports for 6 weeks c. avoid eye make up for 6 weeks Cost :depends on Type of lasik which varies from 25000 for standard lasik to 1.10 lacs for SMILE lasik For more details, you can read my health tip on LASIK

Hello there.  I can understand your concern.  What help do you require? We can surely help you. Whats your vision like? You have to mention power also whwn you ask a question about eyes. Do you wear spectacles regularly? Kindly consult a ophthalmologist in person for further evaluation and management.  Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain. Bangalore.