My son refuses to eat

My son is 123cms in height n 10yrs old..he uses alot of energy in playing but refuses to eat...he eats fruits if available else he doesn't eats until forced
views-icons 19 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on My son refuses to eat

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
It's a common problem nothing much to worry... Try to fallow bellow advices your kid will be fine... Be gentle in your approach towards your child.. It's very important that junk food is avoided....The children demand what they see and feel good. It's very important for the parents themselves to develop good eating habits so that they set an good example for the kids ...You can definitely give the child a serving of fruits for breakfast. But they should not be the only item for the breakfast. Try giving the child chapatti roll with fruit jam in the centre. It will provide the child carbohydrate and also make it attractive....Addition of boiled egg or sponge egg as it looks more attractive will be helpful. Keep trying the diet which will suite the child....Give plenty of oral fluids and avoid fruit juices and processed food stuff....hope this helps...regards.