Muscle strain

While doing Yog Asan last week I tried to touch my knees with my forehead keeping legs straight and hold the Asan. After that I am having pain in right side of my body starting from outer side of lower back, extending to outside region of right buttock with little stiffness in right hamstring in centre of back of thigh. There is also pain in base of right buttock towards the inner right thigh. My right ankle is also strained towards right side. I am applying cold pack to affected areas three times a day which has reduced pain a lot but it is still persisting. There is no stiffness or restriction in muscle movement, just a nagging pain only. Please advise for fast and full healing.

Doctor Answers (1) on Muscle strain

Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello, Low back pain is caused by injury to a muscle (strain) or ligament (sprain). Common causes include improper lifting, poor posture, lack of regular exercise, fracture, ruptured disk, or arthritis, EVEN DOING EXERCISE In IMPROPER way. Often, the only symptom is pain in the lower back.Most low back pain goes away on its own in two to four weeks. Physical therapy and pain relievers can help., for muscle strain and sprain. Avoid lifting heavy weight, sit, stand and walk straight, you can do back stretching exercise to prevent backache, Consult physiotherapist.