MR scan during periods?
Hi, I have been advised by my Ortho to do a MR scan LS spine with whole spine screening for my backache and I was suppose to get it done today, however I just got my periods. Is it advisable to do MRI while periods or wait until the bleeding stops? Any side effects. Please advise.

Dr. Raviraj Francis (PT)
Physiotherapist 10 yrs exp Mumbai

This is a very good question asked by you..... there have been several cases where menstural cycle disturbances have occoured during MRI scan (however no documented research is there) so its better to do your MRI scan after your periods are over. Hope this helps Regards/Take care.