Mouth ulsers

My wife has been suffering from immunity problems since 2009. She is identified with pemphigous vulgaris. I am requesting this August forum to give us remedial solutions to cure this problem. Currently she is under medical treatment. Kindly help us to overcome from this problem. Dr.K.V.Sambasivarao, Vijayawada

Doctor Answers (1) on Mouth ulsers

Hi , i can understand your concern and if i im your treating doctor i would suggest you to follow , as it is a case of pemphigus vulgaris which is autoimmune disease spoils your immunity , you need to start on corticosteroids drugs , but before this to start you need to rule out for any conditions like osteoporosis , if so assessment required. dietary restrictions are needed, but patients with oral disease may benefit from avoiding certain foods (eg, spicy foods, tomatoes, orange juice) and hard foods that may traumatize the oral epithelium mechanically (eg, nuts, chips, hard vegetables and fruit). Ultimately studies are going to find out permanent cure. In cases if any secondary infections occur due to blister ulcer can start to antibiotics.. but still you need to consult a dermatologist so that he can advice you more.