Missed periods

Last month my period was 26th jan.i hv 28 this month due date was 23rd feb.but still my period not started yet yesterday(24) i took a pregnancy test but it showed (-ve).1 week ago i had a blood test & urine test acc. to tht my Hb(low)& infection in stomach.i m taking medicine fr it bcoz of tht.plz hel

Doctor Answers (1) on Missed periods

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. In a normal menstrual cycle, a balance between the hormones estrogen and progesterone regulates the buildup of the lining of the uterus (endometrium), which is shed during menstruation. If a hormone imbalance occurs, mentrual irregularities occurs.. Periods can be delayed for a single cycle or it can be delayed in every cycle. If the delay is in only a single cycle, the most likely cause is a temporary cause like stress..Consult Gynecologist for further evaluation and treatment...