Missed periods

I miss my periods from last 2months. My husband is out of India, so no chance of pregnancy. What are the reasons behind my missing periods.

Doctor Answers (2) on Missed periods

Harisha N L
3 yrs. of exp | Bangalore | General Physician

INR 250 for 24 hrs

CHAT NOW
it may occur in women who have anemia i.e low haemoglobin levels,diabetes or thyroid problems. It is also common in women with high levels of a protein called prolactin in their blood...it can be the side effects of certain drugs like oral contraceptives,antipsychotics,antiepileptics...it may be due to poly cystic ovarian disease as well... So I would suggest you to consult nearest gynecologists for detailed clinical examination and evaluation they will do the needful.
Dr. Reethu Varadarajan
7 yrs. of exp | Bangalore | Gynecologist
Hi , there r many reasons for missed period the commonest being pregnancy. The others may be polycystic ovaries, thyroid disorders, low hb..... so pl consult a gynecologist for detailed evaluation.