diabetes-icon
Missed my monthly cycle
Hello Doc, I was on Isotretinoin tab for 6 months and had stopped taking it a month back. I have not had my monthly cycle since then. Is it because of isotretinoin tab or I should get myself checked?

Dr. Harsha
Hi there...I can understand your concern. Isotretinoin generally does not affect the menstrual cycles. It usually affects the cholestrol levels and transaminases. Your missed cycles could be due to many reasons like anaemia, pregnancy, thyroid disorders, drug intake especially hormonal, pcod. You will need detailed clinical examination and further investigations. So kindly consult a gynaecologist for further evaluation.