Mirena moved

Hello Gynec, I placed mirena in dec2012 and when done checkup In dec 2015.. my doc said my mirena is moved as she was not able to locate thread... Recently I did my CBC test and it came that I have bacteria in me... I believe it's because of the same ...shall I get mirena removed or there is no problem.

Dr. Niraj Gujarathi
Ayurveda 9 yrs exp Nashik

I'll suggest, remove it. Get done checkup again & take decision. Condom is best option. No hormones no side effect.
Dr. Vijyaben Patel
Obstetrician 37 yrs exp Ahmedabad

Hi, Cbc never show bacteria in blood, for bacteria you have to go for blood culture. Cbc may show paracytes, which has no relation with your Mirena. Now you may have some infection somewhere in your body, which may be in genital track or throat or urine or anywhere else, may be treated with medicines. Now for Mirena you should get proper check up for presence and position.If thread is not seen ideally should be removed.