cardiologist-icon
Mild pulmonary hypertensi
Is this your service/advice is free? if it is free then only answer. Last year I had chest pain, fatigue, shortness of breath. So tests done. Chest x-ray normal,pulmonary function test normal. Stress test normal, hrct throax with lower neck is normal. my 2d echo shows mild pulmonary hypertension. Pressure is 44mmhg. Currently on no medicines. My doctor told me to stop smoking which I did not. Now my question is in how much time mild pulmonary hypertension becomes serve pulmonary hypertension. How much years can I live with mild pulmonary hypertension. Is there any need of medicines?

Hello There. I can understand your concern. this service of posting your concerns/queries is free of cost. you can post your questions here and our doctors will try to help you out as much as possible. we won't be able to prescribe anything on this platform apart from common over the counter drugs. its clear that you need to stop smoking. what good does smoking have? it just harms and nothing else. we cannot predict when the mild pulmonary hypertension will become severe but it surely will if you continue. consult a MD physician in person for further help. best regards, Dr. Anil kumar jain. Balaji clinic, Bangalore.

Pulmonary function test interpretation