Mild Irritation

I have used kajal/kohl for 7 years and there was never any problem. However when I recently had a case of allergic conjunctivitis, the doctor asked me to stop using kajal completely. I wish to be able to use kajal once in a while, definitely not for daily use. The last two times I applied kajal, I had mild irritation in the eyes after removing it. I do not understand this as I used it for 7 years without any problem. I do not want to go back to daily usage, but can I use kajal occasionally?

Doctor Answers (2) on Mild Irritation

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
8 yrs. of exp | Sangrur | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon

INR 150 for 24 hrs

CHAT NOW
Hello you can use kajal occasionally... In India,most common allergan is dust and dirt Avoid dust and dirt Cold compresses Avoid rubbing eyes Regards
Dr. V Madhavi
7 yrs. of exp | Chittoor | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
If you have irritation twice.. have u used same Kajal brand.. check once after changing the company..always better to use branded once... I think this time u ll not have that much irritation