Mild Irritation
I have used kajal/kohl for 7 years and there was never any problem. However when I recently had a case of allergic conjunctivitis, the doctor asked me to stop using kajal completely. I wish to be able to use kajal once in a while, definitely not for daily use. The last two times I applied kajal, I had mild irritation in the eyes after removing it. I do not understand this as I used it for 7 years without any problem. I do not want to go back to daily usage, but can I use kajal occasionally?

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 9 yrs exp Visakhapatnam

Hello you can use kajal occasionally... In India,most common allergan is dust and dirt Avoid dust and dirt Cold compresses Avoid rubbing eyes Regards
Dr. V Madhavi
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 8 yrs exp Hyderabad
If you have irritation twice.. have u used same Kajal brand.. check once after changing the company..always better to use branded once... I think this time u ll not have that much irritation