Mild Hepatosplenomegaly

I had been suffering from jaundice since last 4 months. My bilirubin count had gone upto 9 in the 1st week of march and it has now gradually reduced to 1.6 at a very slow rate. I had consulted a doctor few days back who adviced me to do HbsAg and HCV test and also ultrasound. The results for HbsAg and HCV were negative but the ultrasound showed Mild Hepatosplenomegaly. Please advice me on the treatment, precautions and the time duration required for full recovery.

Doctor Answers (1) on Mild Hepatosplenomegaly

Dr. R. Kamalakannan Chennai | GastroIntestinal Surgery
Raised bilirubin upto 9 is a quite significant report . It may be due to infections / obstructions / tumours / some other metabolic issues , etc. Your test result is part of investigation. It needs combined clinical and lab tests . It's difficult to specify a particular investigation or treatment at this stage. You need work up. Consult a nearby gastroenterologist or hepatologist.