Migraine Everyday

Hi, A friend of mine experiences migraine attacks almost everyday. From what I read on the internet, I can see credible support that it is possible to decrease the frequency of migraine by taking high dosage riboflavin everyday. If yes, 1. What over the counter medication do you suggest for 400mg riboflavin? 2. At what time should the patient consume it? (I've read that eating it with meals enhances it's absorption? should the dosage be broken into parts and taken over the course of a day?) 3. What should be the maximum time duration for consumption of the medicine? And after what time gap can the consumption be started again? 4. What could be the possible side effects? Thank you in advance for help offered.

Doctor Answers (1) on Migraine Everyday

Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there...The migraine headache is usually unilateral and associated with visual disturbance, nausea, vomiting. There are many triggering factors for migraine like strong smells, bright light, emotional stress, insomnia. keep account of the triggering factors and try to avoid them. When you get a headache go into a dark room and rest. You can also consult a general physician or neurologist for further evaluation.