Migraine after periods

From last 4 months m suffering from severe migraine jus after periods.nausea n pain in one side of my head.unbearable. painkillers are almost useless.plz suggest wat to do.nimuslides are not good as all of us know.den wat to do?i don use any kind of contraceptives. My age is 35.i bleed jus for one day.thanks in advance

Doctor Answers (1) on Migraine after periods

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Self-care measures can help ease the pain of a migraine headache.

Try muscle relaxation exercises. Relaxation may help ease the pain of a migraine headache.
Relaxation techniques may include progressive muscle relaxation, meditation or yoga.

Get enough sleep, but don't oversleep. Get an adequate amount of sleep each night. It's best to go to bed and wake up at regular times, as well.

Rest and relax. If possible, rest in a dark, quiet room when you feel a headache coming on. Place an ice pack wrapped in a cloth on the back of your neck and apply gentle pressure to painful areas on your scalp.

A variety of medications have been specifically designed to treat migraines. In addition, some drugs commonly used to treat other conditions also may help relieve or prevent migraines. Medications used to combat migraines fall into two broad categories:

Pain-relieving medications. Also known as acute or abortive treatment, these types of drugs are taken during migraine attacks and are designed to stop symptoms that have already begun.

Preventive medications. These types of drugs are taken regularly, often on a daily basis, to reduce the severity or frequency of migraines.
Consult Neurologist...